Embassies have different requirements for multiple entry visa for different nationalities so always access their official website first. For South Korean visa in Bangkok, their website is overseas.mofa.go.kr/th. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for specific queries or advice. I recently got a 5-year multiple visa and here are the steps I had taken.
- Download and fill out their Application form completely and correctly. Note that Bangkok form can be filled up with N/A for not applicable questions but if you are applying in Manila, there’s a note not to put N/A and just leave it blank. Put the application date as the actual date of submission (they will ask you to change if you date it a day before).
- One photo against white or off-white background 1.5 inch(35x45mm). Just scale it on the application form.
- Photocopy of all your previous Korean visas including entry and exit stamps. I had two stamps, one unused.
- Photocopy of the bio-page (page with your personal details) of all your passports including old, punctured ones.
- Bank statements and one copy at least for 6 months recent transactions.
- I also submitted a signed confirmation letter from the bank certifying my ending balance but this is optional.
- Work permit and one copy.
- Copy of work visa stamped on the passport including re-entry permit.
- Letter of employment from your company HR stating your name, position, starting date of employment and current status, monthly salary and approval for your leave.
- Hotel reservation (unpaid or pay at the hotel). You may book at booking.com or agoda.com but do not pay yet just to be sure.
- Flights are optional and not required. I did submit my flight details.
- Itinerary of your travel (date and activity). This is also optional but it is helpful for your case.
Date of Submission
Once all the documents are complete, submit from 8:30 am to 11 am in the Korean embassy: 23 Thiam-Ruammit Road, Ratchadapisek, Huay-Kwang, Bangkok, 10310 and pay the visa fee. For Filipinos, it’s free!
Note: Notify the counter that you are applying for a multiple visa. The form of single and multiple is the same so it has to be marked.
How to go to the Embassy
Taxi is the most convenient way. You may however, take the MRT (blue line) and go down at Cultural Center stop. There is a free shuttle running from the exit to Siam Niramit. The Korean embassy is next to it.
The embassy will take your current passport and will give you a slip with the claim date. Pick-up is from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm. Check the status of your application in visa portal. Choose diplomatic office, fill in your passport number and your name must be surname or last name first.