Culture, Cuisine and Colors. Definitely, all three into one country- India. This country beautifully captures your imagination of vibrant cities flooding your senses with all kinds of unfamiliar things. Incredible on its own kind; in its own right.
Do you need a visa to visit India? Try E-visa. It is much more convenient. There is no need to queue on the visa arrival desk. You can go straight to the immigration counters upon arrival.
Here’s a guide on how you can get it online on few easy steps.
- Scan your passport’s bio page (first page with your personal details).
- Prepare a photo (digital). They are not strict but make it professional.
You are now ready to go online!
- Log in to India E-Visa Website.
- Fill in the details.
- Note down the filing / pre-application number.
You will not receive an email until you finish your application. In the event that your browser crashes, you can easily retrieve your application with this number.
- Go through all the pages and upload your passport and photo.
- Pay the fee – US$50 plus US$1.5 transaction fee.
- Note down the application number.
That’s it! Wait for it for 1 day and they will send to you via email. Print out the attached pdf “Electronic Travel Authorization” and bring it to India!
- There are 3 different queues in the Indira Gandhi Airport (New Delhi) Immigration – Visa on arrival, e-visa and normal visa. Go through the e-visa line directly.
- Always check the validity of your visa.
- Not all Indian airports allow e-visa. Check on the website for your arrival airport. New Delhi Airport offers this service.
- In case during your online application, you cancelled the payment or payment did not go through, follow these steps. Do not panic.
- Go to visa homepage.
- Click payment section.
- Key-in your application number (this is different from the first filing number given)
Good luck! See you in Ladakh (north of India) this April.
Check out my travel tips on how to go to Agra’s Taj Mahal from New Delhi.